25 Jun 2012
CENTACARE MULTICULTURAL ROUND
This weekend, the SANFL will host the Centacare Multicultural Round.
In its fourth year, Centacare Multicultural Round recognises and celebrates the cultural diversity of participants in the game of Australian Football. The 2012 round coincides with the AFL’s Multicultural Round.
This year’s Centacare Multicultural Round celebrations will focus on orange, the international colour of harmony.
- The 50m lines at each SANFL ground will be painted orange
- SANFL goal umpires will wave orange flags
- Orange balloons will be handed out to supporters at each League game
- The Greek Lyceum of SA will perform pre-match and half-time of Sunday’s South v Glenelg match
- The Cook Islanders Cultural Community will entertain at Sunday’s Sturt v Norwood clash
- Multicultural Mini-League participants will compete at Alberton Oval
This Wednesday (June 27), the SANFL will host its second annual Cultural Diversity Breakfast at AAMI Stadium. A panel featuring SA Multicultural Football Ambassador David Rodan and rising South Adelaide star Emmanuel Irra will share stories and discuss issues relating to multicultural football participation.