SANFL Club Boundaries
SANFL CLUB BOUNDARIES REVIEW
A Boundaries Commission was formed in 2012 to assess the current SANFL Club Boundaries, the following members made up the Committee:
- Garry Palasis (Chairman)
- Professor Graeme Hugo
- Honourable Rob Kerin
- John Kantilaftas
- Ian Nightingale
- Darren Chandler (Ex Officio)
The Boundaries Commission worked off a Terms of Reference as approved by the SA Football Commission, the Terms of Reference is as follows:
1. To define Zones for each SANFL Club for recruitment purposes.
Each Zone to be described as a geographical Area of the State for both the Metropolitan and Country regions.
2. The Zones to be determined on the basis
a) Distribution of Male Youths 18 Years and Under
b) Participation rates of males in an appropriate age range 18 Years and Under provided a comprehensive and accurate data source can be accessed.
3. The Zones are available for exclusive promotion, so they should recognise the traditional urban heartland of each SANFL Club (urban heartland can be defined as the area that includes the Club Oval and a reasonable surrounding area).
4. The Zones should have regard to a sensible alignment of each SANFL Club with a Country League/Leagues.
Click here to download the SANFL Club zone KMZ file to be used with Google Earth